Introducing the Sustainability LibGuide
Visit our library database for all things Sustainability at PPCC - including events, videos, tools, guides, news, articles, teaching resources and more! Launch Discovery
SimpliCity: Howdy, neighbor
Local summit aims to further green initiatives through cooperation. Published by Colorado Springs Independent on January 28, 2015. Read the Article
Trash Art Competition
Upcycle Trash into Works of Art
"I wish my artwork could persuade millions of people to join a global conversation about sustainability."
- Show opens to the public for one day on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 from 10am to 7pm at the Centennial Campus Atrium.
- An art talk, awards ceremony and reception will take place from 5-7pm.
- Cash Prizes! $100 First, $75 Second, $50 Third.
- Art Intake/Drop-off is on Monday, April 20, 2015 from 8am to 5pm in the Centennial Campus Grove.
- Art Pickup is Wednesday, April 22, 2015 from 7-8pm.
How do you compete?
Read the Trash Art Competition Submission Guidelines (PDF)
Get Green with PPCC!
"The future is green energy, sustainability, renewable energy."
The Office of Sustainability was created and funded by Student Government to engage, educate and equip the Campus Community to adopt sustainable lifestyle habits. These behaviors have the potential to collectively benefit the well-being of people, economy and natural environment. The Sustainability Coordinator collaborates with on and off-campus specialists to provide relevant opportunities for students, staff and faculty to discover sustainability. Learn more and get involved!
Join the Sustainability Club!
- Conferences, Fundraisers, Networking, Service Projects, Field Trips
- Open to students of all academic and technical programs
- Learn how to save money, feel healthy, and reduce your environmental impact
- Help others realize the many benefits of sustainable living
Visit our Sustainability Events Calendar and get involved with us!
PPCC encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact: Konrad Schlarbaum at (719) 502-2342 or by email at least 3 business days before the event.