Earth Day's Trash Art Competition
Submit your artwork here for a chance to win $500!
Students have an opportunity to create art out of trash. This competition challenges students to look at their trash differently. Can we reuse a lot of what we throw away? Can we recycle it? This competition will create a new legacy at PPCC. We will create art out of trash! We will reduce the waste that goes to the landfill through art & reverence for our land, air, water and all living things.
Artwork Submission Form
- All Students Welcome
- Material: can only use materials that are “trash” and would otherwise go to the landfill
- Exception: can use new or used adhesives, paint, or welding (if accessible)
- Size: must not exceed 6ft in any direction (length, width, depth, height)
- Format: must be 2D or 3D
- 2-Dimensional: art that can be hung on a wall/3-Dimensional: art that is free standing
- Theme: What is our legacy? In a 100 years, what will the human race find from current generations
- Art work deadline: 4/9/2012. All art work must be physically submitted to the Office of Sustainability in Campus Life at the Centennial Campus by 5pm on 4/9/2012
Art Competition Prizes
- 1st place prize: $500 cash
- 2nd place prize: $100 Meininger Art Supply gift certificate
- 3rd place prize: $50 REI gift certificate
Please Note: we have the right to refuse art work and all art will be judged to enter the competition.