What are Our Assessment Resources?
While developing our assessment projects, PPCC has created a number of resources for faculty and staff. These are available internally through myPPCC.
We also have adopted the COAT_Handbook_2013-2014.pdf
As part of our college wide effort to develop students' critical thinking, one of our faculty members has created podcasts to explain inference and deduction. Click on the links to see these podcasts.
In addition, the PPCC Library has put together a collection of assessment guides, called LibGuides, and useful resources at http://libguides.ppcc.edu/assessment.
Finally, we have found the following external resources helpful:
- The National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment: http://www.learningoutcomeassessment.org
- VALUE Rubrics, developed by the Association of American Colleges & Universities: http://www.aacu.org/value/rubrics/index_p.cfm
- Internet Resources for Higher Education Outcomes Assessment: http://www2.acs.ncsu.edu/UPA/archives/assmt/resource.htm
- Bloom’s Taxonomy: http://www.edpsycinteractive.org/topics/cognition/bloom.html
- Suskie, L. (2004). Assessing student learning: A common sense guide. Bolton, MA: Anker Publishing Company, Inc.
- Walvoord, B.E. (2010). Assessment Clear and Simple: A practical guide for institutions, departments, and general education (2nd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.