Alert System

In a continuing effort to communicate during times of emergency, PPCC is providing text messaging notification. Text messaging will only be used to communicate our emergency messages. Other notifications will continue to be delivered via other methods (e.g. emails or voice message to your home number). In order to receive an emergency text message, you must request or opt-in to the program, and you must have elected text messaging as an option from your phone service provider.

To update your contact information log into and select the "Emergency Notification System." You will find the Emergency Notification System link under the "Safety & Security" channel on the "Welcome" tab. The login page has the login instructions in case you forgot them.

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions in "Financial Aid - Basics":

Q. If I drop a course or withdraw, what happens to my financial aid?
605 views, Financial Aid - Basics

Federal and State financial aid pays at the beginning of each term. Students are expected to attend class and be successful.  If you are considering withdrawing from a class (after drop/add is over), please contact a financial aid advisor prior to withdrawing.  There could be serious consequences of not earning the financial aid that you were paid.  There is a chance that you could be suspended from financial aid for future semesters here at PPCC.  You may also have to pay a portion of the funds back.

Although the Colorado Opportunity Fund (COF) is not considered financial aid, there are also repercussions for withdrawing.  The law creating the College Opportunity Fund caps a student's stipend at 145 credit hours to earn a bachelor's degree.  When you withdraw from classes, you are still using COF credits; therefore, you will reduce the amount of COF you have available to you to earn your degree.

If you are considering withdrawing from a class, please contact a Financial Aid Advisor to discuss all of the issues you may encounter by doing so.

Q. Have I been assigned a Financial Aid Advisor? Do I have to see that person?
155 views, Financial Aid - Basics
No, you have not been assigned a financial aid advisor. The staff at all of the Enrollment Services Centers have been trained to answer most financial aid questions. However, if they feel that you need to see an advisor, they will set you up with an appointment to see one of the advisors at the Centennial Campus.
Q. Do I need an appointment to see a financial aid advisor?
146 views, Financial Aid - Basics
Q. What is the Federal Cleary Act? How do I find out more?
128 views, Financial Aid - Basics
The Federal Cleary Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions to make available to potential and current students our Annual Security Report.  A paper copy of this may also be obtained at the Office of Human Resources Services upon request.  This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Pikes Peak Community College, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from our campuses.  You can also find institutional policies concerning the annual security report, as well as policies governing sexual assault, and access to the facilities.
Q. Can I turn in my financial aid paperwork at any of the campuses?
122 views, Financial Aid - Basics
Of course! Whichever is the most convenient for you. You may also fax your paperwork to 719.502.2069. Don?t forget to sign any and all documents that require a signature, such as tax returns and verification documentation.
Q. The FAFSA asks questions regarding Unaccompanied Homeless Youth. Do you have more information explaining this?
82 views, Financial Aid - Basics

Who are Unaccompanied Homeless Youth?  Unaccompanied homeless youth are young people under the age of 21, who lack safe, stable housing and who are not in the care of a parent or guardian.  They may have run away from home or been forced to leave by their parents.  Unaccompanied youth live in a variety of temporary situations, including shelters, the homes of friends or relatives, cars, campgrounds, public parks, abandoned buildings, motels, and bus or train stations.

Between 1.6 and 2.8 million youth run away from their homes each year.  Generally, youth leave home due to severe dysfunction in their families, including circumstances that put their safety and well-being at risk.  Unfortunately, physical and sexual abuse in the home is common; studies of unaccompanied youth have found that 20% to 50% were sexually abused in their homes, while 40% to 60% were physically abused.  Unaccompanied youth do not receive financial support from their parents and do not have access to parental information. 

Who are McKinney-Vento School District Liaisons?  Under subtitle VII-B of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, every school district is required to designate a liaison for students experiencing homelessness.  Homeless liaisons have a number of legal responsibilities under the Act, including identifying youth who meet the definition of homeless and are unaccompanied.  The education subtitle of the McKinney-Vento Act is overseen by the U.S. Department of Education.  For more information see:

What are HUD-funded Shelters?  The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) administers funding for homeless shelters and services under Title IV of the McKinney-Vento Act.  These funds are distributed to communities through a competitive grant process.  For more information, see:

What are RHYA-funded Shelters?  The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services administers the Runaway and Homeless Youth Act programs.  These programs provide funding for Basic Centers, Transitional Living Programs, and Street Outreach programs that serve runaway and other unaccompanied homeless youth.

Q. Can I call for an appointment?
69 views, Financial Aid - Basics
Yes, call 719.502.3000. However, an appointment often is not necessary as the staff in the Enrollment Services Centers can answer most of your questions, even over the telephone.
Q. Are there Student Staff positions at any of the campuses?
46 views, Financial Aid - Basics
Yes, but they are limited at Falcon and at the Downtown Studio Campuses. Therefore, you must apply early. This is another good reason to have your financial aid file complete to ensure a timely award and the best possible financial aid package that we are able to offer you.