Cyber Security is booming, to help you get connected with events in the industry we have supplied you with a list of calendar events with links out to community and national event calendars.
Pikes Peak Community College Cyber Events
Cybersecurity Community Events
- PPCC/Secure Set Cyber Capture the Flag. Learn how to apply penetration testing and analytical
skills to a real world problem. You will
learn how to secure a machine, react to real world scenarios, and explore
reverse engineering. You also will learn about skills like network sniffing, protocol analysis, system
administration, programming, and cryptanalysis. laptops are available for
checkout for participants at PPCC locations. A light dinner will be served. No reservation required!
- June 16, Orientation 5:15-6:00 CTF 6-9 p.m. Centennial Campus, Room A167
- July 21, Orientation 5:15-6:00 CTF 6-9 p.m. Rampart Range Campus Rooms 101/102
- Aug 18, Orientation 5:15-6:00 CTF 6-9 p.m. Secure Set Campus
- Sep 15, Orientation 5:15-6:00 CTF 6-9 p.m. Centennial Campus, Room C200
- Oct 20, Orientation 5:15-6:00 CTF 6-9 p.m.Rampart Range Campus Rooms 101/102
- Nov 17, Orientation 5:15-6:00 CTF 6-9 p.m. Secure Set Campus
- Dec 17, Sep 15, Orientation 5:15-6:00 CTF 6-9 p.m. Centennial Campus, Room C200
- Secure Set Cyber Meet ups - Bits, Bytes and Brew at Phantom Canyon 1st Fridays 6-8 PM.
- Tuesday, June 27 - SecureSet Security 101 Meetup at Epicentral Coworking located at 415 N. Tejon, Colorado Springs, Colorado. 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Serge Borso is the Chief Executive Officer of SpyderSec. Serge is an active member in the information security community and has an extensive history in this industry. He has developed enterprise penetration testing programs, been involved in implementing transparent biometric security systems, creating and implementing security awareness training solutions and vocally advocating for tighter application security. In addition, Serge has worked with many financial institutions to address fraudulent online banking transactions. Serge has presented at a number of training and public speaking events. Security 101 is designed specially for security newbies. If you’ve got programming, systems or networking chops but no clue about vulnerabilities, come join SecureSet's team members for some lively, entry-level, hands-on adventures in what good, bad and really bad security mean in today’s fastest moving technology segments. ZERO security experience required!
- AFCEA Chapter meetings.
- ISSA Chapter meetings.
- Fall 2017 - Security + Exam Prep Course at Catalyst Campus. September 26 – November 16, 2017 Mondays and Wednesdays 6 – 9 PM. Tuition: $1,599.00*
*Tuition includes all books and materials, plus an exam voucher for the Security+
exam. Military receive a $250 discount on tuition
- Want to expand your understanding of Cybersecurity or take your knowledge to the next level? This eight-week course will help working professionals - or those with at least two years of Information Technology administration experience - to prepare to take the Security+ exam. This certification is essential for any IT Professional who wants a career in Security. This course will explore theory and security best practices and use cybersecurity labs to demonstrate important concepts covered in the Security+ exam. A required capstone workshop for Security + will be held Sat 25 November 11th 9 a.m.- 3 p.m. assimilating all the classroom knowledge and experience.