Why choose Nursing at PPCC?
PPCC prepares its nursing students with the skills, technical competence, and know-how needed to find a rewarding career. Graduates have a reputation of being caring, skilled and efficient nurse practitioners, who are highly sought after in today's health care industry.
What can I expect to learn?
Upon being accepted into the Nursing Program you will learn a broad set of nursing skills that apply to all areas of the nursing industry including:
- Provide caring intervention, a safe quality evidenced-based patient centered (holistic) and compassionate care in a variety of health care settings.
- Demonstrate critical thinking when analyzing patient data and consider quality improvement in health-illness and healthcare delivery systems.
- Build collaborative relationships with the interdisciplinary team to provide and improve holistic care and patient outcomes.
- Develop teaching/learning skills to deliver to diverse populations across their lifespan.
- Provide nursing care that coordinates, organizes, prioritizes and modifies care using the nursing process in a variety of health care settings.
Example Classes I Might Take
Many types of health care facilities need skilled PPCC nursing graduates. Some career options include:
- Nursing Assistance
- Physician's Office
- Home Health Care
- General Medical & Surgical
- Community Care
Nursing Information Sessions
- July 10, 2017
- August 21, 2017
- September 18, 2017
- October 16, 2017
- November 13, 2017
- December 11, 2017
All Information Sessions are at 6 p.m. in W 101, Rampart Range Campus.