Hello All PPCC Nursing Students!
Please find attached (Spring 2013 Student Communication) an outline of important dates to prepare for the Spring 2013 semester:
- Deadlines for TB, CPR and hospital specific forms.
- Dosage calculation test dates for the current NUR 106/NUR150 students.
- Faculty advisor information for the current NUR 109 students.
You will not have your individual clinical schedules until the 2nd week in December. However, clinical site computer training and orientation dates are provided. This is to give you an idea of the dates you need to keep open until you receive your Spring clinical schedules.
Please speak to your course instructors immediately if you have any questions or concerns. The nursing faculty has the same winter break that students have and the nursing department office staff has very limited information related to your course/clinical specifics. The nursing office will be closed from December 24th, 2012 - January 2nd, 2013 at 8:00 am.
Check your PPCC student e-mail accounts weekly during the winter break for any program changes or information updates. Any information on D2L “disappears” on December 30th, 2012, so plan ahead and copy any and all materials posted as soon as possible!
Clinical & Computer Training Information
Centura System (Penrose / St. Francis)
Prior to the start of your clinical training at Centura you must complete the following:
1. Confidentiality agreement – if you have not done so already, sign and return to your clinical or theory instructor. The confidentiality agreement must be turned in every rotation.
2. Read and review documents located on reserve in the Rampart Range library or on line. The on line documents are located on HTTP://www.ppcc.edu/departments/nursing; select Resources; select clinical information.
a. Vehicle Registration – copy and bring to first day of clinical training.
b. OSA Wristband Standardization Project.
c. Safety Extravaganza.
d. Red Rules.
e. The JCAHO Pocket (TJC) Guide
f. Centura Health Integrity Standards – copy and sign Centura Integrity Standards and return to your theory or clinical instructor
g. HIPAA in the News
h. Share: Putting Our Values Into Action
i. Centura Policies: Dress Code, Occurrence Reporting, Student Rotation
j. Comprehensive Tests – copy and complete, bring to first day of clinical training
3. Computer training – you may be required to attend again. Training takes place at the following location: ASC Building (Administrative Support Center)
3030 N. Cascade Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Prior to attending this training you must complete the online Meditech training modules. When instructed, you will call the Centura help desk (791-560-4200) and obtain your login ID and password. The help desk will ask you for the last 4 numbers of your PPCC student “S” number. You will use your login and password to access the student modules. You must print out and bring in your attestation form to the training. Further instructions are found below, “Instructions for Student Nurses How to Log on and Use Online Centura Meditech training modules.”