Pikes Peak Community College is upgrading our Student Email System from Microsoft Live@edu to Microsoft Office 365. Office 365 has your favorite Microsoft Office features online and allows you to better communicate and collaborate with instructors and fellow students as well as share information and calendars. Some of these additional features include the ability to Open, Create and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files via the web interface as well as premium anti-malware protection and anti-spam filtering.
We expect your account to be upgraded during the week beginning September 15.
What does this mean to you:
- New Office 365 Email Account. The updated email account will use the same user name and password you use today to access student mail. Access is still through myPPCC.
- More Storage. Following your upgrade to Office 365, you’ll always have access to the latest productivity tools that Microsoft has to offer. Each user’s inbox storage will be increased from 10 GB to 25 GB with the ability to send attachments up to 25 MB. You will continue to have mobile/web access to email, calendar, and contacts—but now with increased inbox storage and attachment capacity
- No Loss of Email. All of your current email will be migrated to the new email account with this upgrade.
- Minimal to No disruption in email service. There should be no disruption to your access during the upgrade process and your ability to read, send and receive emails. If you attempt to access your mailbox while it is being upgraded, you will receive a message and be asked to log in again. The maximum outage time during this conversion is less than 15 minutes.
- Transparency. The change should be transparent to you with the exception of a more user friendly Microsoft Outlook Web Application interface.
What do you need to do:
Complete the following steps:
- Log into your student email account before Wednesday, September 11th to ensure you have access. Password resets will not be able to be performed for up to 10 days beginning on the 15th while the upgrade is in progress, so please be sure and login so we have time to perform a password reset if one is necessary,
- If you have Windows XP installed on your computer, and are using Internet Explorer 6, you will need to upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer. You may download and install Internet Explorer 8 from Microsoft's web site.
- If you have Microsoft Office 2003 installed on your computer, and you are using Outlook to access your student email, you will need to upgrade to Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, or later for this functionality to continue to work. Your local IT department or bookstore can provide you with information on discounted pricing available to you for Microsoft Office.
- If none of the above apply, simply log into your email using your myPPCC.
MORE INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
If you have questions or need help, please contact 24x7 Support at 1-888-800-9198.