In the News
PPCC Advisory Council Meeting Agenda
Karen Kovaly, April 2, 2013
Colorado Springs, Colo. – April 2, 2013 – The next meeting of the Pikes Peak Community College Advisory Council takes place Thursday, April 4, 2013 from 3:30-5 p.m., room A351, Centennial Campus, 5675 S. Academy Blvd. The public is invited to attend.
- Welcome – Fletcher Howard, Advisory Council Chair
- Adoption of the agenda
- Approval of minutes from the last meeting
- President’s Report - Dr. Lance Bolton
- Graduation Details
- Student Government Report – Troy Smith, SG President
- Faculty Senate Report – Melissa Allen, Faculty Senate President
- Classified Staff Report – Katy Swann, Classified Staff Chair
- Campus Updates: Student Success, VP Felix Lopez; Administrative Services, VP Brenda Lauer; Instruction,. VP Cindy Buckley; Enrollment Services, VP Randy Weber
- Next meeting
The purpose of the Advisory Council is to advise the President and the State Board on ways Pikes Peak Community College can best serve its community. The Advisory Council members are:
- Mr. Fletcher Howard, PPCC Advisory Council Chairman, Commander, Colorado Springs Police Dept.- Falcon Division
- Mr. Bob Baker, Retired President and CEO, Goodwill Industries of Colorado Springs
- Ms. Janet Suthers, Community Leader and retired executive in planning, purchasing and finance
- Ms. Becky L. Medved, CEO, Peak Age, Inc.
- COL David L. Grosso, Garrison Commander, US Army- Fort Carson
- Mr. Ric Denton, President & CEO, Colorado Springs Technology Incubator
Pikes Peak Community College, in its 45th year of operation, is a two-year college offering associate’s degrees and various certifications in career and technical fields. With four campuses, three military education centers in El Paso county and more than 200 programs of study, PPCC serves approximately 22,000 students annually.