Seven Easy Steps to Enroll 

Step 1: Apply for Admissions

Applying to Pikes Peak Community College is free and simple. To begin the application process, go to the application page and follow the instructions. If you need assistance with this process or have any questions, please call or visit an admissions office closest to you.  

Step 2: Financial Aid

Besides military Tuition Assistance (TA), you may be eligible for additional financial aid to defray some of the costs that are not covered by TA, such as textbooks. Getting help is easier than you think. The key is to get your paperwork in early. All it takes to apply for financial aid, including grants, loans, scholarships and student staff programs, is a single application form. The earlier you get your application in, the better your chances to be considered for all available sources of financial assistance. Get started today by connecting to our Financial Aid website. For more information, contact a Financial Aid Advisor at 719.502.3000 or 1.866.411.7722.

Step 3: Placement Testing

This is the one test everybody aces. It's a quick evaluation of your basic skills in reading, English and math that helps your advisor, and you, know where your college education should start. If you have ACT or SAT scores, or if you have taken college classes before, you may not need a placement test. But to be on the safe side, contact the Military Programs advisor at 719.502.4200, 1.888.645.7764.  We offer placement testing at the military education centers as well as on campus. For hours of operation, choose a link below.

Step 4: In-State Residency

Active duty service members and their family members who are not Colorado residents but are permanently assigned (PCS) to a Colorado military installation must  complete a Military In-State Residency Form.  This form is available at all PPCC enrollment centers to include the PPCC Military Programs Office located at their servicing military education center.  Submission of this form is required in order for the military student to receive Colorado in-state tuition.  The form must be submitted to PPCC prior to the published drop (or census) date of the semester/term in which they are enrolled.  The student will be eligible for the in-state tuition rate for the time period in which their military ID card is valid.  When a new ID card is issued the student must re-submit the form to continuously receive the in-state tuition rate.  If this form is not on file at PPCC, the student will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate.  Service members who are TDY or deployed from a Colorado military installation should send an email to requesting instructions for Military In-State Residency.

Step 5: Apply for the College Opportunity Fund

Active duty service members and their family members residing in Colorado must apply for the College Opportunity Fund (COF).  To register for COF, please complete the application form here.  Service members who are TDY or deployed from a Colorado military installation can apply for COF at the above link as well. 

Step 6: Advising 

We can help you figure out your education and career goals, map them to the PPCC academic plan that fits you best, and help you choose your classes. Contact to schedule an appointment or call 719.502.4200 or toll- free 1.888.645.7764.  If you have credits you will be transferring to PPCC, or if you have military experience that you would like evaluated for credit towards your degree, just download a Transcript Request Form, fill it out, and send it to your prior college(s). Once you have enrolled in six credit hours at PPCC our SOC/Credit for Prior Learning Evaluator will evaluate your military work experience, complete your Student Agreement and get you on your way to degree completion. You can check out available classes offered at the military sites and our campus locations by choosing this link.

Step 7: Registration and Tuition Assistance

Your application is in, you’ve completed your placement test, and you’ve spoken to an advisor – what’s next?  Registration!  Here’s where you register for classes, set your schedule in place and apply for military Tuition Assistance.   


  • Go to the PPCC registration page and sign up for classes.  If you are registering for classes held on Peterson Air Force Base, give them a call at 719.502.4300 or come by the office for assistance.            
  • Active Duty Army personnel must complete class enrollment by logging into their GAE account and registering in the same courses to make sure Army TA is applied to your classes.

Tuition Assistance

Active duty military personnel must contact their servicing military education center as follows:

  • Army – contact a Fort Carson Education Center Counselor to set up and activate an account in GoArmyEd.  Call 719.526.9885 or 719.526.4121, or visit the Fort Carson Education Center, room 160B.
  • Air Force – contact a Peterson Air Force Base Education Counselor and attend a Tuition Assistance briefing.  Call 719.556.4996 or 719.556.7392, or visit the Peterson Air Force Base Education Center, room 106.
  • Navy – contact the Navy College Office for information by calling (local) 719.556.2179; (Comm) 1.877.838.1659; (DSN) 312.492.4684.
  • Marines – contact the Joint Education Center for information by calling (local) 719.554.5931; (Comm) 720.725.6660/6414; (DSN) 365.6660/6414.
  • Coast Guard – contact the Coast Guard Institute for information by calling (local) 719.554.0976.

Questions?  Please contact PPCC Military and Veterans Programs at 719.502.4100 or toll free at 1.888.645.7764.