Applying for Financial Aid
There are several financial resources available for you if you wish to apply for financial assistance. You should start the process by completing the application for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application is completed online at www.FAFSA.ed.gov and is completed in an interview style that is less intimidating. It can be confusing knowing which application is for what year.
- The 2013 - 2014 FAFSA covers the Spring 2014 and Summer 2014 semesters
- The 2014 - 2015 FAFSA covers the Fall 2014, Spring 2015 and Summer 2015 semesters *Priority Deadline 3/31/14*
The applications for the academic year beginning in August are available January 2 of that year. Students and parents are able to sign the FAFSA using a PIN while they are applying. If you forgot your PIN, you may go to the website and they will either email it to you or you can choose to have it display on the computer.
Free FAFSA Workshop - NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED
Do you have questions about how to fill out the FAFSA? Could you use some help completing it? We are here for you and will be answering some of the common questions such as Am I dependent or Independent? What do I do if my parents won't give me their information? Come to one of the sessions below and meet one on one with a Financial Aid expert! You do not need an appointment, you may come in and meet with us on a drop in basis. Expect to spend approximately 30 minutes with the Financial Aid Staff.
|Tuesday||March 11, 2014||Centennial Campus||Room A-309 (Computer Lab)||1:00 PM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||March 12, 2014||Centennial Campus||Room A-107||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||March 19, 2014||Centennial Campus||Room A-107||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||March 26, 2014||Centennial Campus||Room A-107||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||April 2, 2014||Centennial Campus||Room A-107||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||April 9, 2014||Centennial Campus||Room A-107||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||April 16, 2014||Centennial Campus||Room A-107||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||April 23, 2014||Centennial Campus||Room A-107||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||April 30, 2014||Centennial Campus||Room A-107||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Note: Students who are currently in high school (or currently being home-schooled) are not eligible for Federal or State financial aid funding.
Student Information Verification
If you are asked to verify your reported information, please submit copies of the following documents that apply to your situation:
- Federal Verification Form
- Signed copy of the Federal Tax transcript student's and/or parents'. For academic year 2013-2014, we will need your and/or your parents' 2012 Federal Income Tax transcript. If you don't have a copy, you may request a copy from the IRS at 1-800-908-9946. The best way to verify income is by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool that is part of the FAFSA on the Web. If you have not already used the tool, go to www.fafsa.gov, log in to your FAFSA record, select "Make FAFSA Corrections," and navigate to the Financial Information section of the form. From there, follow the instructions to determine if you are eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer 2012 IRS income tax information info your FAFSA. It takes up to two weeks for IRS income information to be available for the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for electronic IRS tax return filers, and up to eight weeks for paper IRS tax return filers.
- Untaxable income for student and/or parent. Include documentation of the following: payments to tax-deferred plans, child support received, IRA deductions and payments to self-employed SEP, SIMPLE and Keogh, tax-exempt interest income, untaxed portions of IRA distributions, untaxed portions of pension distributions, LES to show BAS (not housing allowance), housing allowances for clergy, veterans noneducation benefits, Workers Compensation, or cash or any money paid on your behalf, and other untaxed income.
- If you/your parents are separated or divorced, legal documentation may be required. We will accept a legal separation or a court divorce decree.
Already Completed a 2013-2014 FAFSA?
If you have already completed the FAFSA and are transferring into Pikes Peak Community College, just go back into www.fafsa.ed.gov to add PPCC to your college list. PPCC's school code is 008896. We will get your information electronically in 2-4 working days. No other documentation is necessary at this time, until the application is processed by the Department of Education. However, it may be necessary for the school to request more information after the results are received. You will be notified by mail, so it is imperative that you keep your address / phone up-to-date with the Enrollment Services office.