Applying for Financial Aid

There are several financial resources available for you if you wish to apply for financial assistance. You should start the process by completing the application for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at 

  • The 2014 - 2015 FAFSA covers the Spring 2015 and Summer 2015 semesters
  • The 2015 - 2016 FAFSA covers the Fall 2015, Spring 2016 and Summer 2016 semesters                         *Priority Deadline March 31


Do you have questions about how to fill out the FAFSA?  Could you use some help completing it?  We are here for you and will be answering some of the common questions such as Am I dependent or Independent?  What do I do if my parents won't give me their information?  Come to the Centennial Campus any Wednesday in March or April and meet one on one with a Financial Aid expert on a drop in basis! Expect to spend approximately 30 minutes with a member of the Financial Aid Staff.

Apply for FAFSA

Note: Students who are currently in high school (or currently being home-schooled) are not eligible for Federal or State financial aid funding.

Verification Information Requested

If you are asked to verify your reported information, please submit copies of the following documents that apply to your situation:

  • Federal Verification Form
  • Copy of the Federal Tax Return Transcript for both the student and/or parents. For academic year 2014-2015, we will need yours and/or your parents' 2013 Tax Return transcript. If you don't have a copy, you may request a copy from the IRS at 1-800-908-9946 or online at The best way to verify income is by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool that is part of the FAFSA on the Web. If you have not already used the tool, go to, log in to your FAFSA record, select "Make FAFSA Corrections," and navigate to the Financial Information section of the form. From there, follow the instructions to determine if you are eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer IRS income tax information info your FAFSA. It takes up to 3 weeks for IRS income information to be available for the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for electronic IRS tax return filers and up to 8 weeks for paper IRS tax return filers.
  • Untaxable income for student and/or parent. Include documentation of the following: payments to tax-deferred plans, child support received, IRA deductions and payments to self-employed SEP, SIMPLE and Keogh, tax-exempt interest income, untaxed portions of IRA distributions, untaxed portions of pension distributions, LES to show BAS (not housing allowance), housing allowances for clergy, veterans noneducation benefits, Workers Compensation, or cash or any money paid on your behalf, and other untaxed income.  
  • If you/your parents are separated or divorced, legal documentation may be required. We will accept a legal separation or a court divorce decree.

Need to transfer your already completed FAFSA to PPCC?

If you have already completed the FAFSA and are transferring into Pikes Peak Community College, just go back into to add PPCC to your college list.  PPCC's school code is 008896. We will get your information electronically in 2-4 working days. No other documentation is necessary at this time, until the application is processed by the Department of Education. However, it may be necessary for the school to request more information after the results are received. You will be notified by mail, so it is imperative that you keep your address / phone up-to-date with the Enrollment Services office.