College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The College Level Examination Tests provide an opportunity for students to earn college credit by examination. All CLEP exams are now computer-based. We administer all of the exams offered by the College Level Exam Program. Students may send their scores to any institution that accepts CLEP for credit.
Online scheduling for your convenience - schedule up to 24 hours before your preferred testing date (pending available appointments). Click here to schedule your appointment now. We test Mondays at Rampart (north campus) and Wednesdays at Centennial (south campus).
Why take CLEP exams?
- Save time. Get college credit for what you already know. Be rewarded for what you’ve learned through independent study, advanced high school courses, noncredit adult courses, or professional development.
- Save money. Compare the cost of a CLEP exam, you can save hundreds, even thousands, of dollars in tuition.
- Make college more interesting. Move right into advanced courses.
- Graduate on time. CLEP can help you to the finish line if you’re a few credits shy of graduating.
- Satisfy a proficiency requirement. Demonstrate you’ve already mastered the content of, for example, a basic college level math or language course.
Description of the Exams:
CLEP computer-based exams are composed of multiple-choice questions. The total time allowed on most of the exams is 90 minutes. There are no scheduled rest breaks. Exams requiring calculator use have a calculator in the computer program itself.
After you take the exam, your score is provided to you right away. The only exceptions are the College Composition and College Composition Modular, for which results are sent at a later date.
For more detailed information about the exams and their content areas, please visit clep.collegeboard.org/. In addition to the CLEP Study Guide, CLEP now offers individual exam study guides that can be downloaded from the internet - Individual Study Guides.
- Visit Flash Appointments to schedule your CLEP test (if taking an essay, you will need both a CLEP appointment and a CLEP ESSAY appointment). We offer CLEP testing at our north Rampart campus on Mondays and at our south Centennial campus on Wednesdays.
- Arrive at the campus 15 minutes before your appointment. First stop at the cashier to make your $25 proctor payment.
- You will need to bring two valid forms of ID at the time of testing.
- Also, you will need to provide payment to CLEP the day of testing, either by credit card (preferred) or personal check. The cost for each CLEP test is $80, made payable to CLEP.
Accommodations are available for those with documented disabilities.
Requesting a CLEP transcript:
Information to request a transcript can be found on the CLEP website. Additional information is located in the Information for Candidates booklet available at the Testing Center.