Can We Answer Any of Your Questions?
- Who needs to be assessed?
- Who can be exempted from the test?
- Where can I take the test?
- How do I prepare for the test?
- What do I need to take the test?
- How do I get my results?
- What is next after testing?
- What is the charge for the test?
- Contact us.
Who Needs to be Assessed?
- All first-time degree-seeking, non-exempt students must be assessed.
- Students who change to a degree-seeking status must be assessed.
- Students who seek to enter college-level English or Math courses must be assessed.
Who Can be Exempted From the Test?
Exemptions from taking ACCUPLACER may be granted under certain circumstances. College courses must be from regionally accredited colleges or universities or other approved educational institutions. Please bring documentation to one of the three Testing Center locations (Centennial, Rampart Range, or Downtown Studio) to obtain an exemption.
- Student has earned an Associate's Degree (AA or AS) or higher.
- Student has successfully completed college-level English.
- Student has successfully completed college-level Algebra or higher.
- Student has previously been assessed at a Colorado public post-secondary institution.
- Student has appropriate ACT (Eng 18, Read 17, Math 23) / SAT (Verb 440, Math 460) scores.
Where Can I Take the Test?
- Centennial Campus, Room A-117 (719) 502-3370
- Rampart Range Campus, Room S-101 (719) 502-3380
- The Downtown Studio Campus, Room S-102 (719) 502-3390
- Fort Carson, Bldg. 1117, (719) 502-4200
- Peterson AFB, Bldg. 1141, (719) 502-4300
How do I Prepare for the Test?
- Online ACCUPLACER Study Guides
- ACCUPLACER Math and Sentence Skills Review Videos are available in the Library and Learning Assistance Center at both the Centennial and the Rampart Range Campuses and in the Testing Center at the Downtown Studio Campus.
- Reading and Sentence Skills Reviews are available in the Library.
- ACCUPLACER™ online study guides can be found with a Yahoo or Google search engines by typing in “Accuplacer study guides,” note some sites may incur fees.
- These sites are not associated with Pikes Peak Community College and are only provided to give useful information and are not intended to instruct in subject areas. (Sites only accurate as of May 1, 2008)
What do I Need to Take the Test?
When you arrive at the Testing Center you must have a valid current picture ID and if possible, know your student ID number. You may NOT use textbooks, notebooks, dictionaries or calculators during the test. In the math portion of the test you may use the built in calculator when the program provides one. Pencils and scratch paper will be provided for you.
No appointments are needed for testing. The test is not timed, but you need to allow approximately two hours for testing.
Please respect the needs of other students that are testing. Do not bring cell phones or pagers, and arrange for childcare for any children.
How do I get my Results?
- ACCUPLACER: You will receive your score report a few minutes after finishing the test.
- Due to The Privacy Act of 1974 ACCUPLACER scores results may only be released to test taker and can not be given out over the phone!
What is Next After Testing?
DO NOT LOSE your ACCUPLACER score report! Take it to the Career Planning & Advising office for help in choosing your classes. Students are responsible for enrolling in basic skills instruction during the first 30 hours of attendance at the college.
What is the charge for the test?
There is no fee for Accuplacer Placement testing for first-time new students to Pikes Peak Community College.