Can We Answer Any of Your Questions?
- Where can I take the test?
- How do I prepare for the test?
- What do I need to take the test?
- How do I get my results?
- What is next after testing?
- What is the charge for the test?
- Contact us.
Where Can I Take the Accuplacer?
- Centennial Campus, Room A-117 (719) 502-3370
- Rampart Range Campus, Room S-101 (719) 502-3380
- The Downtown Studio Campus, Room S-102 (719) 502-3390
- Fort Carson, Bldg. 1117, (719) 502-4200
- Peterson AFB, Bldg. 1141, (719) 502-4300
How do I Prepare for the Accuplacer?
- Online ACCUPLACER Study Guides
- ACCUPLACER Math and Sentence Skills Review Videos are available in the Library and Learning Assistance Center at both the Centennial and the Rampart Range Campuses and in the Testing Center at the Downtown Studio Campus.
- Reading and Sentence Skills Reviews are available in the Library.
- ACCUPLACER™ online study guides can be found with a Yahoo or Google search engines by typing in “Accuplacer study guides,” note some sites may incur fees.
- These sites are not associated with Pikes Peak Community College and are only provided to give useful information and are not intended to instruct in subject areas. (Sites only accurate as of May 1, 2008)
What do I Need to Take the Accuplacer?
When you arrive at the Testing Center you must have a valid current picture ID and if possible, know your student ID number. You may NOT use textbooks, notebooks, dictionaries or calculators during the test. In the math portion of the test you may use the built in calculator when the program provides one. Pencils and scratch paper will be provided for you.
No appointments are needed for ACCUPLACER** testing. The test is not timed, but you need to allow approximately two hours for testing.
Please respect the needs of other students that are testing. Do not bring cell phones or pagers, and arrange for childcare for any children.
** If you need to take the CCPT then you DO need an appointment. The CCPT is designed to be taken only once.
How do I get my Results?
- ACCUPLACER: You will receive your score report a few minutes after finishing the test.
- Due to The Privacy Act of 1974 ACCUPLACER scores results may only be released to test taker and can not be given out over the phone!
What is Next After taking the Accuplacer?
DO NOT LOSE your ACCUPLACER score report! Take it to the Career Planning & Advising office for help in choosing your classes. Students are responsible for enrolling in basic skills instruction during the first 30 hours of attendance at the college.
What is the charge for the Accuplacer?
There is no fee for the first time you take the Accuplacer placement test. All re-tests are $10 per section. Pay at the Cashier and bring your receipt to the testing center.