Requests for LAC Services
Scheduled Drop-In Sessions Not Enough? Need More?
Although we try to schedule tutoring coverage throughout the week for as many subjects as possible, the scheduled sessions may not be compatible with the times that you are available or the classes you are taking.
To request tutoring outside of scheduled hours, students may fill out an Application for LAC Services. Please complete the electronic form, and then e-mail it to LAC@PPCC.edu or print it out and bring it by room A212 at Centennial or S201 at Rampart.
We will do our best to meet your needs, but please be aware that all tutoring is dependent upon available resources; it isn't always easy to find a qualified tutor that can accommodate our request.
Our expectations of you
- Be prepared for tutoring sessions. Bring syllabus, notes, assignment sheets, etc.
- Follow the course sequence outlined by their academic advisor (tutoring does not take the place of prerequisites).
- Be enrolled in the class for which tutoring is requested.
- Attend class, participate, and make reasonable academic progress.
- Utilize college resources (i.e. Math Labs, Writing Centers, Science Learning Centers, Group Tutoring Sessions, etc).
What you can expect from your tutor
- Maintain the Learning Assistance Centers Confidentiality Policy.
- Maintain and report logs to LAC of attendance and student progress.
- Tutor may discuss certain information about the tutoring session with The SSS Coordinator, The LAC Coordinator, OASIS representative, Multicultural Retention Specialist, and/or other PPCC faculty/staff for the purpose of improving their tutoring skills or to recommend other support that may assist the student in attaining their academic goals.