Alpha Gamma Alpha Chapter
Phi Theta Kappa is the oldest and most prestigious honor society serving two-year colleges with an approximate membership of 3 million individuals across the United States and worldwide. Its purpose is to recognize and encourage academic excellence among students of two-year colleges. It also aims to promote individual growth through programs that provide leadership training, continual scholarship, fellowship among scholars, and service to the community.
All Pikes Peak Community College students are invited to attend our general meetings and participate in our local events. Alpha Gamma Alpha would like to invite all qualified individuals to join Phi Theta Kappa and enjoy the privileges that come with membership. Click here for a list of membership benefits.
Eligibility to Become a Member:
- Cumulative GPA 3.25 or greater.
- Currently enrolled at PPCC in an associate degree program or certificate program (CTE).
- Completed 12 college level credit hours towards an associate degree.
- Active members must be students in good standing with respect to GPA and/or student status with PPCC.
- Grades for courses completed at other institutions may be considered when determining membership eligibility.
- Watch for an invitation in your student email; invitations are generally sent out in February (Spring), June (Summer), and September (Fall); please note, that the enrollment period closes each semester, generally in May (for Spring), August (for Summer), December (for Fall).
- In your invitation will be a link and pass code; visit the following site and select, "Accept Membership": http://www.ptk.org/Home.aspx
- You will need a form of electronic payment at the time you accept membership; the membership fee is a one-time fee of $80.00 for a lifetime membership.
- We highly encourage you to accept membership online; however, you may pay in person by:
- Filling out a manual form found in either F217 or W119.
- Paying 80.00 at the cashiers office; make sure that you let the cashier know that this is a payment for Phi Theta Kappa membership.
- Bring the receipt and the membership form to either Glenn Rohlfing in F217 or Kate Pagel in W119.
Students qualify for the Presidential Scholarship if they meet the following conditions:
- Active Pell Grant Recipient (must have received Pell Grant disbursement in the current semester).
- Must have a 3.5 GPA.
- Meet all the eligibility requirements to become a member.
For questions about the Alpha Gamma Alpha Chapter at PPCC or if you are interested in becoming a member send an email to PTK@ppcc.edu or call Advisor Glenn Rohlfing at 719-502-3462 (leave a message). You may also bring an application to F200; have the wonderful administrative staff put the application in my mailbox. My office is in F217.