What is High Impact Learning?
Service Learning, Study Abroad, Learning Communities, Diversity Global Learning, Collaborative Projects, and Internships are just a few of the great experiences that await you in your classes at Pikes Peak Community College.
Students who take a Service Learning Course may earn a Letter of Commendation for resumé and application building.
Exemplary leadership in Service Learning = Letter of Commendation for Service
People who volunteer are 27% more likely to find jobs.
Students who serve:
- rethink how they learn and why they value their education
- become involved in their communities
- become active rather than passive learners
- help identify and solve problems in their communities
- build closer connections between their campus and their communities
- learn about our increasingly varied and changing world
- understand people and cultures that are unique
- develop resourcefulness, a stronger inner self, and a clearer sense of personal identity.