Become an Undergraduate Research scholar and solve tough, interesting, and relevant questions
To form meaningful academic and real-world experiences for our students, Pikes Peak Community College offers a program of undergraduate research.
Undergraduate Research at Pikes Peak Community College seeks to foster an environment where community partners, the administration, staff, faculty and most importantly students can create a rich, high-impact academic experience that aids with the following:
- Increasing knowledge of academic resources utilized by the larger academic community
- Learning research methods
- Understanding what constitutes standards of research in a given field
- Increasing ability to both identify and utilize research methodology
- Creating networks of collaborators - including faculty mentors, fellow peer-researchers, and community partnerships
- Communicating research orally and through presentation to a diverse audience
- Working with faculty to publish research findings
"Having someone tell you that your ideas, research, and presentations are valuable enough to heard by actual academics is one of the most inspiring things to ever happen to me. That is the value of having community college students at events like these and having undergraduates present their own research... CSURF made me feel like a valuable member of the academic community."
-- Joshua Van Sanford, PPCC Student Scholar
Create opportunities for students to grow academically through inquiry and research, alongside faculty. Students will also increase their professional skills by writing and speaking about their research.