The mission of the PPPC Research Team is threefold: First, to conduct research that helps PPCC improve experiences and outcomes for its students, particularly those from underserved populations; second: to support and promote high-quality undergraduate research initiatives; and third: to make meaningful and original contributions to the theory, practice, or research of higher education.
- Rigor: We use scientific reasoning, descriptive and inferential statistics, interdisciplinary approaches, and mixed methodologies to generate reliable and actionable information.
- Collaboration: We partner with PPCC faculty, staff, and students to identify pressing issues and design research studies that are beneficial to the College, its employees, and students.
- Conduct research projects that address the interests and needs of the College’s students, faculty, and staff
- Present research findings to internal and external audiences
- Provide professional development opportunities in a variety of research topics (e.g., formulating sound research questions and hypotheses, selecting the most appropriate research methods, obtaining institutional review board approval, writing scholarly articles)
- Creating research opportunities for faculty, staff, and students
- Offer assistance to faculty, staff, and students in planning, developing, and implementing research projects
- Teach the CCCNS-approved Research Methods course
- Attend conferences and webinars related to research in higher education
- Seek local and national funding sources to support research-based initiatives