Colorado Springs, Colo. – Dec. 12, 2013 – The Pikes Peak Community College Marketing & Communication Department was recently honored with six awards for its excellence in advertising and event promotion by The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), the nation’s leader in educational advocacy for alumni relations, marketing, communication and fundraising.
CASE, a national organization, has eight districts throughout the country and PPCC is part of the Mid-America District VI which includes Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Each year CASE holds institutional awards in each district to recognize and celebrate outstanding work. This year’s district awards were the largest to date, with 575 entries and nearly 200 college and universities participating. PPCC competed against schools such as University of Kansas, Kansas State, University of Colorado, United States Air Force Academy and University of Missouri. Not only did PPCC compete against top-ranked four-year universities, PPCC is the only community college in its district to win.
PPCC was awarded one gold, two silver and three bronze awards for its advertising campaigns and event promotion. PPCC worked in partnership with Blakely and Company, its agency of record, to develop some of these campaigns.
PPCC specifically won the following:
- Communications & Marketing Programs - Video PSAs and Commercial Spots: “The Spy Who Loved Us” Movie Theater Spot
- Communications & Marketing Programs - Video PSAs and Commercial Spots: “Love Story” Movie Theater Spot
- Integrated Advancement Programs - Advertising Campaigns: PPCC Brand Campaign Print Ads
- Communications & Marketing Programs - Video PSAs and Commercial Spots: “Better Late Than Never” Movie Theater Spot
- Fundraising Programs - Campaigns: Fran Folsom Culinary Arts Scholarship Fund Dinner Promotion
- Integrated Advancement Programs - Advertising Campaigns: Brand Campaign Billboards
Pikes Peak Community College, in its 45th year of operation, is a two-year college offering 175 associate’s degrees and certifications in career and technical fields. With four campuses and two military education centers in El Paso County, PPCC serves approximately 22,000 students annually