Colorado Springs, Colo. – Dec. 9, 2014 – The Pikes Peak Community College Marketing & Communication Department was recently honored with seven awards for its excellence in advertising and event promotion by The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), the nation’s leader in educational advocacy for alumni relations, marketing, communication and fundraising.
CASE, a national organization, has eight districts throughout the country and PPCC is part of the Mid-America District VI which includes Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Each year CASE holds institutional awards in each district to recognize and celebrate outstanding work. This year’s district awards had 442 entries and more than 50 college and universities participating. Not only did PPCC compete against top-ranked four-year universities, PPCC is the only community college in its district to win.
PPCC was awarded three gold, two silver and two bronze awards for its advertising campaigns and event promotion. PPCC worked in partnership with Blakely and Company, its agency of record, to develop some of these campaigns.
PPCC specifically won the following:
- Design- Single-Page Publications: Fran Folsom Scholarship Dinner Program
- Marketing- Visual Identity Systems: The Foundation for Pikes Peak Community College Brand Identity Package
- Video- PSAs and Commercial Spots: What You'll Find Will Surprise You: Monster Spot 1
- Advertising: Weekend College Print Ad Campaign
- Video- PSAs and Commercial Spots: What You'll Find Will Surprise You: Monster Spot 3
- Design- Multi-Page Publications: Presidential Outreach Packet
- In-House Print Publications: Kane Family Scholars Reception Program
Pikes Peak Community College, in its 45th year of operation, is a two-year college offering 175 associate degrees and certifications in career and technical fields. With four campuses and two military education centers in El Paso County, PPCC serves approximately 22,000 students annually.