Skip to main content

There are multiple options for grievances and resolutions which may be informal or formal.


Students have found faculty at Pikes Peak Community College accommodating and supportive. When difficulties with accommodations occur, it is often due to misunderstandings or miscommunication between parties. If a student has difficulty with a faculty member he/she should try first clarifying his or her needs during an individual appointment or during the instructor’s office hours. If the student is not comfortable with this approach or the difficulty is still not resolved, he/she should contact Accessibility Services immediately. An Accessibility Services Disability Specialist will work with the student and faculty member to resolve the situation.

If a student believes he/she has been discriminated against or harassed on the basis of disability, he or she should report the incident as soon as possible. No person is required to report discrimination to the alleged offender.

Americans with Disabilities Act Complaints concerning discrimination on the basis of disability may be sent to PPCC's ADA/Equal Opportunity Officer, Mr. Carlton Brooks at or complete the Discrimination/Harassment Complaint form available at

You may also complete and submit your complaint through the United States Department of Justice Civil Rights Division at


Informal Resolution

Informal Resolution may be an appropriate choice when the conduct involved is not of a serious or repetitive nature and disciplinary action is not required to remedy the situation. It is most appropriate when attitudinal or behavioral conduct is involved. Informal resolution is an opportunity to have an educational moment. No formal investigation is involved in the informal resolution process.

Steps involved in informal resolution:

  • A request for informal resolution must be made within 90 calendar days of the date of the alleged incident.
  • Students may make the request to the director of ACCESSibility Services. Students may also discuss the issue with a Disability Specialist to begin an informal resolution process.
  • The Disability Specialist will help determine whether the issue can be resolved informally and which office is most appropriate to be involved. If the student’s concern is about a Disability Specialist, the director of ACCESSibility Services is the most appropriate first contact.
  • A request for informal resolution will not extend the 90-day time limit for filing a formal complaint.
  • An informal resolution meeting is not to be considered a precondition for the filing of a written complaint.

NOTE: This is not the official statement of Pikes Peak Community College policies and procedures regarding discrimination or harassment based on disability. The official policy is outlined in the Catalog under Student Conduct, Student Grievance Procedure.

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Grievance Procedures

Access the ADA Discrimination Complaint Form to file a discrimination complaint through the ADA

Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR) Grievance Procedures

Access the OCR Complaint Form to file a discrimination complaint through the OCR