Academic Advising for New and Continuing Students
Explore and accomplish your goals through academic advising. Whether you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university or you want to go directly into the workforce, you will need to complete your degree/certificate. We help you gain the information you need so that you can achieve your goals and succeed at PPCC.
Academic advisors can assist you in several ways:
- Work with you to develop an academic plan and choose the correct courses
- Discuss degree or certificate programs that match your goals
- Help you understand the registration process
- Discover the right transfer options and institutions to meet your needs
- Access resources on campus that will help you succeed in the classroom
Virtual Advising Drop-In
Academic Advisors are available on a drop-in basis to meet with students, one-on-one, through the Virtual Advising Drop-In feature. The purpose of virtual advising drop-in is to answer quick, general questions about academic policies and procedures. This is not a full-length advising session.
Virtual drop-in advising is available starting December 2
Tuesday through Thursday
9 am - 11:00 am and 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Enter Virtual Advising Session: https://ppcc-edu.zoom.us/my/ppccvirtualadvising
Once you are signed in, you will enter the Advising Zoom waiting room. A staff member will meet with students in the order in which students enter the waiting room. You will meet one-on-one with an advisor once one becomes available. Thank you in advance for your patience and joining us for virtual academic advising!
New Student Advising
Meet with an Academic Advisor soon after applying to PPCC can help you get into the classes you need at the times and campuses you want.
How to Meet with your Academic Advisor
- Make an appointment: Schedule a New Student Advising appointment on Navigate.
- Don't live in town? Schedule a phone advising appointment through Navigate. Request a phone appointment in the comments section of the appointment scheduler.
- Military, Veterans, and Family Members: If you are using Tuition Assistance or VA Education Benefits, we recommend meeting with a Military & Veterans Programs Academic Advisor.
Students certain of their educational goals are advised by Program Advisors. Advising is done by appointment. You can make an appointment through Navigate. Program Advisors are grouped by career clusters. Students may find their Program Advisor by exploring the following career cluster pages:
- Arts, Business and Hospitality
- Health Sciences
- Public and Human Services
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and Applied Sciences
Program Advisors provide the following services in academic advising:
- Create multiple-semester degree plans for students through the online Degree Check resource.
- Verify prerequisites or refer students to educational Divisions for prerequisite overrides.
- Direct students to complete the online Change of Major form when students wish to change degree programs or are in a Financial Aid-ineligible program.
- Identify, assign or change a Faculty or Program Advisor appropriate to a student’s intended course of study.
- Discuss opportunities and institutions for transfer to other colleges and universities.
- Provide documentation required by Financial Aid for probation/suspension issues and for Academic Suspension Appeals.
- Sign registration forms for students who are on initial academic suspension and discuss strategies for success.
- Referrals to other student services and support as needed.
- Continuing students can register for classes using Navigate or through your PPCC Student Portal.
Appointment No-Show Policy
In an effort to provide equal time to all students, the Advising & Testing office implemented a no-show policy. This policy serves as a reminder to be respectful of fellow students’ time, as advising and registration appointments are in high demand and can be particularly difficult to come by during peak registration periods.
A no-show, or missed appointment, is noted in the system if:
· A student arrives more than 10 minutes late for an appointment
· A student fails to cancel an appointment in advance, either via Navigate or an email to the advisor
· A student improperly cancels an appointment or notifies the advisor after the scheduled appointment
After three no-shows, a student will be unable to schedule another advising appointment in Navigate and will need to contact their primary advisor via email for advising appointment options.
Look for answers to basic questions on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
For general advising questions, you can email us at email@example.com. For the quickest service, please include your Student Number in all communications.
Note: During registration seasons, we experience a high volume of calls and emails. During those times it may take us a few days to respond to you.
Before you Meet with your Academic Advisor
Academic Advisors will look at your previous test scores and transcripts to make sure you start out in the classes that are best for you. Submit your academic history before meeting with an Academic Advisor to ensure they have all the information needed to help you build your degree plan.
To empower students through academic advising and assessment by aiding them in identifying, exploring, and accomplishing their educational and career goals.
Visiting for the Summer?
If you have been away at college and are in Colorado Springs for the summer, you can take classes at PPCC to make the most of your summer. It is easy to transfer credits back to your home college or university after the summer semester ends. You will save hundreds if not thousands of dollars by taking classes at PPCC.
Advising Location & Hours:
Please note: All campuses closed until at least May 4th.
Centennial Campus (CC)
Room A121 Aspen Building 5675 S. Academy Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Rampart Range Campus (RRC)
Room S101 2070 Interquest Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Downtown Studio Campus (DTSC)
Room S102 100 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
M-Th 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
F 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sat 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Rampart Range Campus
Remote Services only
Downtown Studio Campus
Remote Services only