If you or someone you know is in danger of harming themselves or someone else, IMMEDIATELY call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room. If you are on a PPCC campus, call Campus Police at 502-2900.
Common Student Concerns
College students seek mental health counseling services for many reasons. Common concerns include:
- adjustment issues
- difficulty coping with emotions (e.g. depression, anxiety, anger)
- interpersonal and relationship difficulties
- health-related concerns (pregnancy, alcohol, STD’s, problems with eating or sleeping)
- concerns about academic issues (e.g. poor motivation, concentration problems, test anxiety)
- stressful/traumatic experiences (e.g. financial/legal problems, assault, harassment, death).
How does a student determine whether they need counseling?
There are no set criteria for seeking services. Students wondering about whether their concerns are appropriate to bring to the Counseling Center, are strongly encouraged to make an appointment to consult with one of our staff.
*After Hours Emergencies Call Campus Police 502-2900