PPCC National Cybersecurity Awareness Month - October
PPCC is a member of the Department of Homeland (DHS) Cybersecurity "Stop. Think. Connect." awareness campaign.
PPCC is bringing in local cybersecurity experts each week on Tuesdays and Thursdays to speak on national topics set by the DHS. These sessions allow you to learn more about your role in cybersecurity.
2018 Schedule - Lunch & Learn
TUESDAYS @ Rampart from 11:30-1:30pm, E-102
THURSDAYS @ Centennial from 11-1pm, Atrium
- Bring your own lunch
- 10/2 & 10/4: Strengthen the Nation’s Cybersecurity Ecosystem
- 10/9 & 10/11: Cybersecurity is a Cross-Cutting, Cross-Sector Challenge, So We Must Tackle it Together
- 10/16 & 10/18: Increase and Strengthen the Cybersecurity Workforce Across all Sectors
- 10/23 & 10/25: Secure Critical Infrastructure from Cyber Threats
- 10/30: Secure Critical Infrastructure from Cyber Threats
Cyber Capture the Flag (CTF) - hosted by PPCC and Secure Set
Learn how to apply penetration testing and analytical skills to a real world problem; how to secure a machine; react to real world scenarios, and explore reverse engineering. Also learn skills like network sniffing, protocol analysis, system administration, programming, and cryptanalysis.
- Every third Friday of the month.
Orientation is from 5:15 to 6pm.
CTF event starts at 6pm and ends at 9pm.
- No reservation required.
- Laptops available for checkout at PPCC locations.
- A light dinner provided by Secure Set.
- Oct. 19 @ Secure Set, 523 S. Cascade, Suite E
- Nov. 16 @ Rampart Range Campus, W-101
- Dec. No CTF event, enjoy the holidays
- Jan. 18 @ Rampart Range Campus, W-101
- Feb. 15 @ Secure Set, 523 S. Cascade, Suite E
- Mar. 15 @ Centennial Campus, Atrium
Secure Set Cyber Meet ups - Bits, Bytes and Brew at Phantom Canyon 1st Fridays 6-8 PM
Bring a friend and come join us every third Friday for the PPCC and Secure Set Capture the Flag events. Food and drink is provided by Secure Set. Laptops are provided by PPCC for up to 25 participants (except when located at Secure Set Downtown).
Info: Gretchen Bliss 502-2432