- Cyberwatch West Center is committed to improving the quantity and quality of existing cybersecurity resources and building upon these resources to develop effective training and teaching modules. By concentrating on student development; professional development; and curriculum development, revision, and dissemination, CyberWatch West incorporates effective outreach efforts to raise awareness and build viable partnerships among academia and industry.
- National Cyberwatch Center is a consortium of higher education institutions, businesses, and government agencies focused on collaborative efforts to advance Information Security education/research and strengthen the national cybersecurity workforce
- CAE Community is a community of Universities and Community Colleges that have distinguished themselves as Centers of Academic Excellence to the DHS and NSA.
- CAE Designated School Directory
- CompTIA/Burning Glass and NICE Heatmap of cybersecurity positions available across the US including requirements for entry, mid and upper level positions.
- NICE The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE), led by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), is a partnership between government, academia, and the private sector focused on cybersecurity education, training, and workforce development. The mission of NICE is to energize and promote a robust network and an ecosystem of cybersecurity education, training, and workforce development. NICE fulfills this mission by coordinating with government, academic, and industry partners to build on existing successful programs, facilitate change and innovation, and bring leadership and vision to increase the number of skilled cybersecurity professionals helping to keep our Nation secure.
- National Cybersecurity Framework - The Framework, which was created through collaboration between industry and government, consists of standards, guidelines, and practices to promote the protection of critical infrastructure. The prioritized, flexible, repeatable, and cost-effective approach of the Framework helps owners and operators of critical infrastructure to manage cybersecurity-related risk.
- CSSIA - National Center for Systems Security and Information Assurance. The Center for Systems Security and Information Assurance is a National Science Foundation (NSF) Advanced Technological Education (ATE) National Resource Center. Since 2003, CSSIA has provided students with real-world learning experiences in information assurance and network security through several program improvement supportive initiatives.
- ISSA National - ISSA Colorado Springs ISSA is the community of choice for international cybersecurity professionals dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk and protecting critical information and infrastructure.
- AFCEA National - AFCEA Colorado Springs AFCEA is a professional association that connects innovative people, great ideas and vital solutions to advance global security. We do that by developing networking and educational opportunities and providing them in an ethical forum
- IEEE Cybersecurity
- Other CAE2Y Cybersecurity Centers
- Stay Safe Online
- CyberDegrees.org - guide to choosing a cyber security degree
- CyberDegrees.org - choosing a degree -school listing
- ICT for Schools: Digital technology surrounds everyone in our society daily. Students arrive at school with a wide array of experience using computers, smart-phones, tablets, video games, and more. They use these devices almost fearlessly, but may lack the knowledge and understanding of how they work and where they are most effective. For instructor-led students, ICT Essentials is a perfect introduction into Information, Communication and Media Technologies.
- The National CyberWatch Center continues to update and create model Information Security curricula, which supports the growth of cybersecurity education nationally, including complete courses for degrees and multiple certificates.
Internships & Apprenticeships
- US Department of Labor has an IT/Cyber Apprenticeship program for companies
- CareerWise coordinates apprenticeships among businesses, students, and educators that create opportunities for long-term impact. CareerWise apprenticeships will break down financial barriers, create a highly-skilled workforce that meets the complex demands of Colorado companies, and provide multiple options for the student upon successful completion of the program. A robust, business-led apprenticeship program that meets the needs of all students will put Colorado schools and businesses on a path towards success.
The Center for Cyber Safety and Education (Center), formerly (ISC)² Foundation, is a non-profit charitable trust committed to making the cyber world a safer place for everyone. We work to ensure that people across the globe have a positive and safe experience online through our educational programs, scholarships, and research.