Why choose Cyber Security at PPCC?
With Cyber Security degrees or certificates at PPCC, you can move directly into high-demand career fields that offers job security, generous salaries and growth opportunities. Our certified programs will train you in hacking defenses and countermeasures, network-security fundamentals, security architecture and more.
Nationally recognized Center of Excellence
PPCC has been certified by the National Security Agency (NSA) as a Center of Academic Excellence for 2 Year Schools (CAE-2Y). As part of our certification, we teach to both National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) standards.
What do PPCC Cyber Security students study?
PPCC's Cyber Security program will allow students to gain knowledge of cyber security threats, as well as procedures to mitigate computer and network security risks. Students will also:
- Develop strategies and techniques to manage access control
- Gain knowledge in telecommunications & network security
- Learn security governance & risk management
- Build software and develop security architecture
- Understand the fundamentals of cryptography
Classes you might take
Is Cyber Security right for You?
You should consider a career in Cyber Security if you identify with some of the following:
- Do you want to work in one of the most in-demand jobs fields?
- Interested in finding a good paying job immediately after completing your degree?
- Want to be able to work anywhere in the world?
- Serve your country by working in national cyber defense?
- Work with cutting edge technology?
- Explore and work in an industry of the future?
If so, a career in Cyber Security might be for you!
Program Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO) are competencies with which students will be proficient at the completion of an academic program. Program Learning Outcomes link with course learning outcomes and competencies.
PPCC Cyber Defense Center
As part of our efforts at serving as a National Security Agency (NSA) certified Center of Academic Excellence for 2 Year Schools (CAE-2Y), the PPCC Cyber Defense Center provides resources and news regarding cyber security.