Why Emergency Service Administration?
Whether responding to a terrorist event, a natural disaster, or a public-health emergency, competent leadership and skilled emergency administration expertise is critical to ensuring the preservation of life and property. PPCC’s Bachelor of Applied Science degree will equip you to become a skilled and competent emergency response leader.
After completing their Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Emergency Service Administration, students may be required to meet background check, physical requirements, and other pre-employment standards or testing by potential employers.
Is Emergency Service Administration right for you?
You might consider Emergency Service Administration if you identify with some of the following:
- Do you thrive under pressure and want to work in high stakes environments?
- Are you compelled to serve as an emergency manager in the public or private sectors?
- Want to gain the knowledge to prepare for and prevent public emergencies?
- Committed to helping your community during its most troubled times?
What you will study
PPCC's Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree in Emergency Service Administration will prepare a new generation of leaders in the field of emergency service - in both governmental agencies and the private sector - to prevent, prepare, and respond to crises and emergency situations. Students will also:
- Enhance community resiliency and preparedness
- Develop proactive strategic plans for disaster prevention
- Manage multi-agency collaboration and coordination
- Understand advanced operations management
- Public and digital communication & tools
Example classes I might take
Entry requirements and application
Prior to entering the BAS ESA program, students must have completed an associate degree with a minimum of 60 credits in a field-related degree or a different associate degree combined with showing evidence of a mininum of 4,000 hours of field-related experience.
Contact a BAS ESA advisor to get your questions answered.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO) are competencies with which students will be proficient at the completion of an academic program. Program Learning Outcomes link with course learning outcomes and competencies.
Apply for Scholarships
Every year the PPCC Foundation offers hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of scholarship money for eligible and in need students.