Why Choose Auto Collision at PPCC?
When studying auto collision at PPCC you will learn from instructors who have real-world experience and who are leaders in the industry. They will work closely with you and provide high quality classroom training, as well as hands-on training.
What will I study?
As a PPCC auto collision student, you will develop a skill set that leaves you prepared to work in both auto body repair shops and at dealerships. You will:
- Learn how to estimate auto repair work
- Properly use power and hand tools
- Replace and repair car body parts
- Develop professional communication skills
You will also work on non-structural metal repair, structural repair and all aspects of refinishing using cutting edge technology.
Example Classes I Might Take
Auto collision technicians are in demand. Many of the professionals in the field are nearing retirement, creating an abundance of jobs. A degree in auto collision can lead to the following careers:
- Auto Body Repair Technician
- Auto Body Refinish Technician
This program is certified by the National Automotive Technician's Education Foundation (NATEF).
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Automotive Collision Technology program, students should be able to:
- Follow auto colllision shop safety requirements
- Straighten a common dent in preparation for refinish operations
- Prepare an automotive panel for refinish operations
- Perform a refinish blend operation on an automotive panel