Why Choose Automotive Technology at PPCC?
If you have a mechanical aptitude, ability to read and follow detailed instructions, enjoy precision work and problem solving PPCC’s Automotive Technology degree is for you. Our instructors have a passion for training the next generation of auto technicians.
What will I study?
As a PPCC Automotive Technology student, you will receive hands on instruction from industry leaders. You will learn how to:
- Diagnose problems
- Replace various components in engines
- Service Transmissions
- Service Fuel systems and electrical systems
Automotive Technology also will cover other automotive systems like emissions, ignitions, brakes, air conditioning systems and suspensions.
Example Classes I Might Take
With a certificate or degree from PPCC in Automotive Technology, students are prepared for gainful employment as automotive service professionals. Automotive Technology studies lead to interesting careers in repair, service, sales and supply like:
- Master Mechanics
- Vocational and Education Teachers
- Business Consultant
- Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Automotive Specialty Technicians
An Accredited Degree
PPCC’s Automotive Technology program has NATEF Certification.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Automotive Service Technology program, students should be able to:
- Diagnose and repair manual drive train systems including vibrations, shifting problems, and noises
- Diagnose and repair general engine concerns, including rough running engines, noises, lack of power, and exhaust smoke
- Diagnose and repair starting and charging systems including no cranking, dead battery, and alternator faults
- Diagnose and repair braking systems including: Traction control, Anti-lock, and Active braking systems