Why Choose Diet and Nutrition at PPCC?
The Certified Dietary Manager training program at Pikes Peak Community College provides accessible, quality education and training for a diverse student population to become experts in foodservice management and food safety and enter the profession as a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional.
What will you study?
The Certified Dietary Manager program offers the education and training to prepare you to perform the responsibilities of a dietary manager and to pass the nationally-recognized credentialing exam to become a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM, CFPP). Upon completion of the certificate program you will be able to:
- Provide optimal nutrition services to patients or residents as a member of the nutrition care team.
- Coordinate the service of food and nourishments among various departments such as dining and nursing.
- Oversee food safety, inventory, and ordering of food, equipment, and supplies.
- Arrange for the routine maintenance and upkeep of the foodservice equipment and facilities.
- Coordinate all administrative and human resources functions of the foodservice department.
Classes you will take:
A wide variety of job opportunities await PPCC graduates including:
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Foodservice Manager
- Dietary Director
- Director of Food Services
The PPCC Certified Dietary Manager program is accredited with the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals (ANFP).
We invite all students to become a Pre-Professional Member with ANFP.