Why choose Computer Information Systems at PPCC?
Gain a solid foundation and prepare for certifications in the IT industry while making every class count. Our skilled instructors have their finger on the pulse of the industry and can assist you in your goal of establishing or improving your standing in the demanding field of IT. This program also offers various specialized certificate programs to meet your needs.
What will I study?
The Computer Information Systems (CIS) program can help launch a career in Information Technology (IT) or advance an existing IT career. Pikes Peak Community College offers degree and certificate programs that meet the ever-changing needs of today's dynamic IT industry. Students will learn to:
- Design, support and manage hardware, software, multimedia, and systems integration.
- Find bugs in software.
- Work with the tools and technologies used in today’s IT industry.
Example Classes I Might Take
Interested in an Internship?
Internships are available for students with a 3.0 GPA or higher and a minimum of 30 credit hours in computer coursework. Students enroll in a three-credit course and are placed at local companies in IT departments. Earn college credit and gain valuable work experience at the same time!
Deadlines to apply:
Summer - April 15th
Fall - July 15th
Spring - November 15th
Computer Information Systems Program Learning Outcomes
- Present ideas and information clearly in written and oral formats.
- Identify adequate IT solutions for specific customer needs
- Create and IT project using the best approach and the proper technology
- Solve complex technical and non-technical problems
- Describe the industry standards of ethical and professional conduct
- Apply appropriate technology to carry out business functions
- Manage time and resources efficiently
- Collaborate effectively with others on a project in a work group and /or community setting