Why choose Computer Networking at PPCC?
Amazon. Craigslist. Facebook. Uber. Nearly every aspect of today's modern society is reliant upon a dependable network and efficient computer hardware. Individuals with a deep understanding and working knowledge of such technologies are indispensable. In choosing a career in Computer Networking, you are choosing to help shape society's future. This program also offers various specialized certificate programs to meet your needs.
What will I study?
The Computer Networking program provides students with the practical skills that employers are seeking in the fields of Computer Networking and Information Technology. Student will:
- Understand and be current in operating systems
- Gain knowledge of strategic planning
- Learn how information is ordered
- Build deductive reasoning
Example Classes I Might Take
Is Computer Networking Right for You?
You should consider a career in computer networking if you identify with some of the following:
- Always want to work with new technology?
- Enjoy figuring out how technology works while solving puzzles?
- Like to think outside the box to find uses for technology in a field that promises new adventures every day?
- Enjoy tinkering with computers in your spare time?
- Always fixing your friend's computer problems?
- Others think you are a "computer wizard?"
If so, a career in Computer Networking might be for you!
Program Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO) are competencies with which students will be proficient at the completion of an academic program. Program Learning Outcomes link with course learning outcomes and competencies.
Cyber Defense Center
Pikes Peak Community College is expanding Cyber Security education and working with local and national partners to make PPCC a National Security Agency (NSA) Center of Academic Excellence for 2 year schools (CAEY2).
Learn more about our emerging programs and efforts on the PPCC Cyber Defense Center homepage.