Why Choose Diesel Technology at PPCC?
Through active industry partnerships and a dedicated and knowledgeable staff of instructors, PPCC’s program prepares students with the knowledge and skills required for employment in the medium and heavy duty diesel equipment, vehicle repair and parts supply industry.
What will I study?
Our program provides students with a broad foundation in the diesel repair field by providing them hands-on experience that prepares them for entry level positions in the field of medium and heavy duty diesel equipment and vehicle repair and parts supply. Areas of emphasis are:
- Engine repair
- Fuel supply and management
- Suspension and brakes
- Hydraulic systems operation
- Lighting and instrumentation
Example Classes I Might Take
Graduates of PPCC's Diesel Power Technology program are prepared to work in the following fields:
- Fleet maintenance
- Dealership service
- Heavy equipment maintenance
- Over-the-road truck maintenance
- Aftermarket parts development/specialist
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Diesel Technology program, students should be able to:
- Interpret and use reference material found in the diesel industry
- Inspect and service selective catalytic reduction components and diesel particulate filters
- Interface with vehicle's on-board computer; perform diagnostic procedures using electronic service tool(s) (to include PC based software and/or data scan tools); determine needed action
- Read and interpret electrical/electronic circuits using wiring diagrams
- Use precision measuring tools as they apply to the diesel industry