Why Choose Early Childhood Education?
Early Childhood Education, like all education, demands well-prepared teachers. A growing body of research supports the value of high-quality early childhood programs for children's later success in school and in life, the most important determinant of which is the teacher.
Pikes Peak Community College and the Early Childhood Education program faculty are committed to providing the optimal course of study that meets the career goals of each student. The Early Childhood Education program is the foundation for a challenging and rewarding career in early childhood care and education as well as other related fields.
Early Childhood Education Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply their knowledge of child development and learning to their teaching practices
- Develop family and community relationships
- Observe, document, and assess young children to make informed decisions
- Apply developmentally effective approaches to connect with children and families
- Use content knowledge to build meaningful curriculum
- Define and demonstrate being an early childhood professional
Example Classes I Might Take
Is Early Childhood Education Right for You?
- Want a challenging and rewarding career in the early care and education of young children, birth to age 8?
- Are you intrigued by the unique nature of children and want to understand their development needs?
- Do you want to impact children in a critical point in their social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development?
- Are you effective working as part of team?
- Can you communicate effectively, both spoken and written, with children and families and community members?
If so, ECE is right for you.