Why Choose Education at PPCC?
Educators shape the minds of tomorrows adults and are critical to the vitality of our collective future. Determination and passion are a must. Start your journey toward a career in one of the most important and fulfilling fields available.
What will I study?
When you study Elementary Education Teacher Preparation at PPCC you will participate in robust multidisciplinary courses geared toward developing standard knowledge and proficiencies required in elementary education. You will discover a deeper understanding of teaching and learn how to:
- Plan lessons that teach students various subjects.
- Assess students to evaluate their abilities, strengths and weaknesses.
- Teach planned lessons to large and small classes.
- Grade students’ assignments to monitor their progress.
- Communicate with parents about their child’s progress.
- Work with students individually to help them overcome specific learning challenges.
- Prepare students for standardized tests required by the state.
- Develop and enforce classroom rules.
- Supervise children outside of the classroom.
Example Classes I Might Take
Is Becoming a Teacher Right for Me?
Ask yourself the following questions when considering whether or not to start your career in education. If you answer yes, then this might be the right path for you.
- Do you want to help shape and mold the next generation of citizens?
- Do you have a passion for working with children and embrace diversity?
- Are you patient, kind and caring, honest and trustworthy, dependable and have good moral character?
- Would you enjoy a demanding and ridged work schedule for most of the year, but have your summers free?
- Do you enjoy working on a team?
- Are you a talented communicator, both written and spoken, with good interpersonal skills?
- Do you possess good critical thinking skills and exercise sound decision-making?
- Are you good at explaining things and helping others understand something new?