Why Choose Education at PPCC?
PPCC’s education program helps students develop the knowledge, skills and disposition needed to become world-class teachers and education advocates. When studying education at PPCC students fulfill the first two years of a bachelor’s degree and are fully prepared to transfer to a four-year university and ultimately become a teacher and earn a teaching license. This program offers various degrees to meet your needs.
What will I study?
When you study Elementary Education Teacher Preparation at PPCC you will participate in robust multidisciplinary courses geared toward developing standard knowledge and proficiencies required in elementary education. You will discover a deeper understanding of teaching and learn how to:
- Plan lessons that teach students various subjects.
- Assess students to evaluate their abilities, strengths and weaknesses.
- Teach planned lessons to large and small classes.
- Grade students’ assignments to monitor their progress.
- Communicate with parents about their child’s progress.
- Work with students individually to help them overcome specific learning challenges.
- Prepare students for standardized tests required by the state.
- Develop and enforce classroom rules.
- Supervise children outside of the classroom.
Example Classes I Might Take
Shaping tomorrow's leaders today.
- Do you want to help shape and mold the next generation of citizens?
- Do you have a passion for working with children and embrace diversity?
- Are you patient, kind and caring, honest and trustworthy, dependable and have good moral character?
- Would you enjoy a demanding and ridged work schedule for most of the year, but have your summers free?
- Do you enjoy working on a team?
- Are you a talented communicator, both written and spoken, with good interpersonal skills?
- Do you possess good critical thinking skills and exercise sound decision-making?
- Are you good at explaining things and helping others understand something new?