Why Choose Robotics and Automation Technology at PPCC?
The Robotics and Automation Industry has transformed the world. Individuals with the skills and knowledge to build the electronic circuits that drive high-tech devices are in high demand. From cell phones to robotics, personal computers to iPods, we use a number of these devices to prepare our students to meet these needs.
What will I study?
This degree program prepares students with technical job entry skills for entry-level technicians careers in the robotics and automation field. Graduates become qualified to work in electronic automation and in control systems environments. Things you will learn include:
- Electro mechanics
- Electrical theory DC/AC
- Electrical circuits and wiring
- Computer aided design
- Robotic systems and design
- Supervisory Control and Data Aquisition
- Industrial Ethernet and Fiber Optic LANS
- Digital Devices
- Computer Aided Drafting 2D
Example Classes I Might Take
Robotics and Automation are constantly evolving and so is our dependence on them. Robotics and Automation technology graduates have a wide variety of career opportunities to choose from, including:
- Electronics Technician
- Robotics Technician
- Electronic Equipment Assembler
- Electronics Engineering Technologist
- Consumer Electronic Repair Technician