Why Choose EMS at PPCC?
PPCC’s EMS is committed to staying abreast of the latest research, regulatory issues and standards of practice affecting emergency medical services. Our program strives to create a learning environment that encourages students to think critically, become leaders, work ethically and respect all people.
What Will I Study?
At PPCC, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) students will learn to provide emergency medical care to sick or injured patients in a safe and accurate manner. There are a wide variety of topics you will learn about, including, but not limited to:
- Fundamentals of emergency medicine
- Back country medical and trauma training
- Basic first aid
- Advanced level life support
- Pediatric care
Classes I might take:
A wide variety of job opportunities await PPCC graduates including:
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Rural EMS Provider
- Hospital EMS Provider
The PPCC Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
PPCC EMS is excited to announce our Accelerated Paramedic Program starting January 2018!
The students will meet Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday online and in-person 0800-1700 from January 2nd through May 6th for didactic completion. EMS 237 will run May 7th through May 10th during which time the students will complete the NREMT psychomotor exam. Immediately following EMS 237, students will enter EMS 280 and EMS 281 to complete the field internship.
Course requirements are:
1. Current EMT-IV, AEMT, or EMT-Intermediate certification
2. Minimum 2 years of active experience as an EMT as verified by an agency letter
3. Letter of recommendation from current Medical Director
4. Letter of recommendation from current EMS agency
5. BIO 106 or BIO 201 completed prior to program start, or concurrent enrollment
For more information or to request an application contact Kimberly.Whitten@ppcc.edu
EMT Orientation Session
Prior to the start of each semester there will be an EMT orientation session in preparation for EMS 170.
Please watch your student emails for more information. Contact your assigned instructor with any questions.