English Department Events and Announcements
Explore what's going on in the English department!
Spring 2019 Events and Announcements
- The Spring 2019 Poetry & Prose Reading will be held on April 25 in the Rampart Upper Commons. Students, faculty, and staff are invited to read approx. 5 minutes of their work: fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, spoken word, hybrid genres, etc. All are welcome! We're happy to have Cindy Skaggs hosting.
- Congratulations to PPCC faculty members Carina Bissett and Cindy Skaggs, who have been invited to appear at PPLD’s 13th annual Mountain of Authors on Saturday, April 27! This is a free annual community program that provides an opportunity for the public and local authors to network, listen to notable writers, and learn more about the craft of writing and trends in publishing.
- Congratulations to PPCC faculty member Amie Sharp, who has been named the winner of the Red Dragonfly Press Emergence Poetry Prize! The press will publish her chapbook, The Sabine Women, in 2019. This chapbook was begun while she was a 2018 artist-in-residence for the Sabina Cultural Association in Casaprota, Italy. Additionally, her poem “Train at Night in the Desert” has been chosen as one of sixteen finalists for the Lascaux Poetry Prize out of over two thousand entries, and will appear in The Lascaux Prize Anthology Vol. 6 in 2019. She has also been named one of the Halcyone’s “Sixty-Four Best Poets of 2018,” with two poems to be published by Halcyone/the Black Mountain Press in The Sixty Four: 2018.
- Congratulations to Prof. Brook Bhagat for the publication of her flash fiction piece "The Same Woman (Scarlight)" in Monkey Bicycle! Click here to read!
- Prof. Cindy Skaggs will be leading a creative nonfiction workshop at Library 21C, located at 1175 Chapel Hills Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80920 on Tuesday, February 19, 2019 from 6:15 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
Click here for the event listing on the PPW website!
- Our Spring 2019 PPCC Visiting Writers event will be held at the Downtown Studio Art Gallery Wed. Feb. 20 from 6:30-8 pm! Click here to download the event flyer!