We are excited to offer a study abroad opportunity in 2019 to England and France! Would you like to join Amy Cornish on this adventure of a lifetime?
For more information: https://www.ppcc.edu/global-studies/study-abroad
Why Choose Foreign Languages at PPCC?
As a PPCC student studying foreign language you will not only learn from experienced faculty, but also develop a knowledge base so you can advance your learning and professional scholarship in both foreign languages and cultures. PPCC’s foreign language programs are built around the standards put forth by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL).
What will I study?
As a PPCC foreign language student, you will be prepared to be a responsible citizen, educated worker and culturally prepared for a world that is based on international partnerships. You will experience classes that are more than lectures because they employ modern learning approaches and techniques. Our innovative and creative instructors will work closely to help each student with language appreciation and acquisition while helping them to master grammatical written work and linguistics.
Students who decide to study a foreign language will be able to choose from the following areas:
The skills you learn in studying foreign languages prepare you for a wide range of careers in the following fields:
- International Business
- Import/Export Sales
- Public/Media Relations
- Local/State/National Governmental Organizations
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Foreign Language program, students should be able to:
- Develop a Central Message
- Employ language that enhances the presentation
- Incorporate language that is appropriate to the audience
- Demonstrate performance skills, (posture, gesture, eye contact, and vocal expressiveness) to share content with or present to a particular audience for a specific occasion and purpose (execute delivery)