Why Choose HVAC at PPCC?
Everyone needs to stay warm in winter and cool in summer. A degree in Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC) offers employment stability plus the satisfaction of helping others save on expensive energy costs.
What will I study?
This program prepares students to enter the Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration field. This field of work involves different trade disciplines. The two-year program of core courses trains students in residential and commercial heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration. The emphasis will be on the servicing and maintenance of equipment found in residences, commercial buildings, and large facilities.
The AAS degree should enhance students’ initial entry placement and better prepare them for upward mobility within any of the three option areas. See more about the HVAC industry.
Example Classes I Might Take
With rising energy costs, more opportunities exist than ever before. Common employment positions are HVAC service technicians and HVAC installation technicians. Other career options in the HVAC industry may include:
- HVAC Installation / Repair
- HVAC Contractor
- HVAC Sales
- Self Employment / Business Owner
- HVAC Instructor
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Technology program, students should be able to:
- Identify problems in the operation of commercial and residential heating electro-mechanical systems
- Measure, calculate, and interpret a wide range of commercial and residential refrigeration systems
- Follow safety policies and procedures related to the HVAC field
- Troubleshoot commercial and residential heating electro-mechanical systems
- Interpret, analyze, and evaluate the proper operation of commercial Air Conditioning roof top equipment