Why Choose Machining Technology at PPCC?
The Machining Technology degree program at PPCC is ideal for students interested in beginning their career in machining or technology, or for those already in the field and wanting to upgrade their skills and advance their career. There are two AAS degree options, Machining Technology Emphasis and Advanced Manufacturing Emphasis.
What will I study?
The two AAS degrees emphasize different aspects of Machining Technology. Depending on their degree program, students will advance their hands-on fundamental skills of machining, or they will receive training in technology using advance software applications, such as SolidWorks, MasterCAM 2D and 3D, and CamWorks. Students in the Machining Technology program at PPCC will:
- Study the basics of machining, learning the field from the ground up.
- Learn about 3D scanning, modeling and printing.
- Develop an understanding of metallurgical terms and definitions in an effort to understand both the behavior of metals and their service to industry.
Example Classes I Might Take
Machinists with an AAS degree are in one of the highest paying fields right now and jobs are booming in the state of Colorado. Some of the career opportunities awaiting PPCC graduates in Machining Technology include:
- Electronics Technician
- Electromechanical & Industrial Engineering Tech.
- Mechanical Technician
- Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor
- Maintenance Supervisor / Maintenance Technician