Why Choose Multimedia Graphic Design at PPCC?
Interested in doing cool stuff like videos, posters, ads, websites and games…and get paid for it? The Multimedia Graphic Design degree provides a variety of courses in print design, web, motion graphics and interactivity. Students learn how to communicate ideas and make money for businesses with colors, words, pictures, layout and design. Become a designer who helps people realize their goals by creating an identity through visual communication and have an artistic impact in the real world.
What will I study?
The Multimedia Graphic Design program provides substantial emphasis in one of three communication options: Print, Multimedia, and Design Illustration. Areas of study include:
- Layout & Design
- Electronic image
- Photo imaging
Explore your interests while building foundational skills for the MGD field.
Example Classes I Might Take
The certificates and Associate of Applied Science degree provide training for entry-level occupations such as Graphic Designer, Multimedia Artist, Technical Illustrator, Digital Illustrator, and Web Designer. Career opportunities include:
- Art Director
- Production Layout/Advertising Artist
- Web Designer
- Digital Illustrator
- Special Effects Technician
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Multimedia Graphic Design program, students should be able to:
- Discuss and implement design and industry skills using appropriate techniques
- Convey a message through a design medium based on client requirements, the target audience and using typographic principles to create an information hierarchy
- Produce a design that shows a mastery of technical knowledge in Typographic design principles
- Identify current trends and technologies as well as being well versed in a multitude of creative styles
- Critically analyze and interpret client requirements
- Assemble a strong portfolio and produce a professional level body of design work
Monday, April 30, 2018
Congratulations to our students...again!
Congratulations to PPCC students who earned 22 ADDYs with 12 gold awards in a variety of areas including digital, print, and photography,
Friday, February 17, 2017
Congratulations to our MGD students
Congratulations to Brycen McCright, Mindy Thompson, Mallory Brownfield, Jessica Williams and Kaitlyn Flagg for winning awards at the Art Institute Design Club Snowboard Design Competition on Friday night