Why choose Nursing at PPCC?
PPCC prepares its nursing students with the skills, technical competence, and know-how needed to find a rewarding career. Graduates have a reputation of being caring, skilled and efficient nurse practitioners, who are highly sought after in today's health care industry.
What can I expect to learn?
Upon being accepted into the Nursing Program you will learn a broad set of nursing skills that apply to all areas of the nursing industry including:
- Provide caring intervention, a safe quality evidenced-based patient centered (holistic) and compassionate care in a variety of health care settings.
- Demonstrate critical thinking when analyzing patient data and consider quality improvement in health-illness and healthcare delivery systems.
- Build collaborative relationships with the interdisciplinary team to provide and improve holistic care and patient outcomes.
- Develop teaching/learning skills to deliver to diverse populations across their lifespan.
- Provide nursing care that coordinates, organizes, prioritizes and modifies care using the nursing process in a variety of health care settings.
Example Classes I Might Take
Please keep an eye on our website for some important upcoming information. We will be posting some updates to policies that will effect upcoming cohorts: students applying in fall 2019 for spring 2020 entry. All incoming students will have months of notice about changing policies before any changes occur or anything takes effect.
Nursing Information Sessions
January 14, 2019
- February 11, 2019
- March 11, 2019
- April 8, 2019
- May 6, 2019
Attendance at a Nursing Information Night is mandatory for applicants. You will be given an Information Verification Form that will be signed by a Nursing Faculty member. This signed form must be included with your Nursing Application.
As of February 1, 2018, it is now required that students must attend a Nursing Information Night within one year prior to applying to the Nursing Program.
All Information Sessions are at 6 p.m. in W 101, Rampart Range Campus.
Many types of health care facilities need skilled PPCC nursing graduates. Some career options include:
- Nursing Assistance
- Physician's Office
- Home Health Care
- General Medical & Surgical
- Community Care