What do PPCC Photography students study?
The Professional Photography program at PPCC teaches students about the various technical, philosophical and creative aspects of photography. As a student in the program you will:
- Study the history of photography, from its beginnings to the present.
- Learn about the professional photography industry from experts who have real-world experience and their own professional photography businesses.
- Develop a broader understanding of the field through internships with local photographers who specialize in different disciplines.
Classes You Might Take
Professional photography at PPCC prepares students for a variety of fun, exciting career options. Careers for professional photography graduates can include:
- Outdoor Photography
- Consumer Portrait Photography
- Fine Art Photography
- Commercial Advertising Photography
- Photojournalism/Editorial/ Documentary Photography
Program Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO) are competencies with which students will be proficient at the completion of an academic program. Program Learning Outcomes link with course learning outcomes and competencies.