Why Choose Professional Photography at PPCC?
Professional Photography students at PPCC learn from some of the finest professional photographers in the Pikes Peak Region. Through classroom work, intensive projects and internships, students gain a deep understanding of the photography field and the many options it offers for a creative, rewarding career.
What will I study?
The Professional Photography program at PPCC teaches students about the various technical, philosophical and creative aspects of photography. As a student in the program you will:
- Study the history of photography, from its beginnings to the present.
- Learn about the professional photography industry from experts who have real-world experience and their own professional photography businesses.
- Develop a broader understanding of the field through internships with local photographers who specialize in different disciplines.
Example Classes I Might Take
Professional photography at PPCC prepares students for a variety of fun, exciting career options. Careers for professional photography graduates can include:
- Outdoor Photography
- Consumer Portrait Photography
- Fine Art Photography
- Commercial Advertising Photography
- Photojournalism/Editorial/ Documentary Photography
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Photography program, students should be able to:
- Describe photography works and techniques using the appropriate vocabulary
- Convey a message through a visual medium in a way that reflects mastery of artistic composition
- Produce visual imagery that shows a mastery of technical knowledge in camera operation, lighting, and computer manipulation
- Evaluate the creative and compositional aspects of photography using a variety of styles and genres
- Critically analyze and interpret photographic images
- Produce a professional-level body of photographic work