Why Choose Physics at PPCC?
The laws of physics govern everything in the universe from the tiniest bit of matter to the largest star. Physics is a prerequisite to any in-depth study of the sciences and technologies and it leads to careers in variety of industries. The physics degree program at PPCC provides the necessary background for transfer to a four-year school.
What will I study?
The physics program at PPCC provides students the prerequisites they need for the in-depth study of science and technology, preparing them for transfer to a four-year school. As a Physics student at PPCC, you will:
- Study chemistry and learn the basics of measurement, matter, chemical formulas, reactions and equations.
- Learn about differential equations with an emphasis on problem solving and applications.
- Develop an understanding of computer science and programming, algorithm development and data representation.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Articulate the ideas of classical physics both in everyday language and in the language of mathematics.
- Produce both numerical and symbolic solutions to problems using the techniques of mathematics and the concepts of classical physics.
- Apply physics concepts and equations to real-world problems and design challenges.
- Design scientific experiments, collect and analyze data, and formulate conclusions.
Example Classes I Might Take
With a physics degree from PPCC, students are prepared to transfer to a four-year school and pursue their bachelor’s degree or advanced degree. Some of the careers open to physics graduates include:
- Medical Research
“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
– Albert Einstein