Why Choose Political Science at PPCC?
The study of political science is the study, understanding and analysis of political activity and behavior. To study political science is to attempt to understand humanity within the scope of the world events and trends that shape the politics that govern society.
What will I study?
Studying political science will prepare students to find opportunities in numerous sectors including:
- Federal, State, and Local Government
- Law, Business and International Organizations
- Journalism and Political Campaigns
- Research Organizations and Universities
At PPCC, students will prepare to move on to a four-year institution to earn a bachelor's degree in political science.
Example Classes I Might Take
Associate of Arts Guaranteed Transfer Degree in Political Science
A two-year Associate of Arts degree (AA) with a Political Science designation is intended to prepare students for transfer to a four year institution to earn a Bachelor's degree in Political Science.
Earning your Associate of Arts degree in Political Science will prepare you to:
- Transfer to a 4-year university and earn your Bachelor's Degree
- Become familiar with general principles of Political Science
- Develop the critical thinking skills necessary for success in the field
- Have a well rounded education in order to be competitive in today's job market
After earning you AA degree from Pikes Peak Community College, you may complete your Bachelors in Political Science by continuing your studies at one of several 4-year universities.
Top Transfer Institutions
The most common transfer institutions for PPCC students with an AA degree in Political Science include: