Why choose Psychology at PPCC?
Studying psychology at PPCC can offer great insight to yourself and others. Psychology will help you develop your critical thinking skills and offer new perspectives on behavior and people. This program also offers two degree options to meet your needs.
What will I study?
Psychology is a fascinating field of science with many broad applications. It overlaps numerous disciplines and prepares students for a broad understanding of :
- Human mind and behavior
- All aspects of the human experience
- Dynamic functions of the brain as one progresses thorough child development and beyond
- How research is conducted
- Neuroscience and health science
These learning outcomes will prepare you for a Bachelor's degree, which is required for most professional positions in psychology.
Examples of Classes I Might Take
Students pursuing degrees at the bachelor and graduate levels might specialize in any of the broad range of psychology’s subfields, such as:
- Health psychology
- Clinical psychology
- Industrial and organizational psychology
Psychology Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of content as specified by the American Psychological Association (APA) Guidelines for the undergraduate Psychology Major
- Demonstrate knowledge of research methods as specified by the American Psychological Association (APA) Guidelines for the undergraduate Psychology Major
- Evaluate the adherence of psychological research and practice to the ethical standards of the American Psychological Association (APA)
- Demonstrate knowledge of APA citation style.