Why choose Broadcasting and Electronic Media at PPCC?
The Broadcasting and Electronic Media AAS program prepares students to enter the video production, audio engineering, television, and radio broadcast industries. Students will write, produce, and package video and audio content for a wide variety of distribution methods, from broadcast to YouTube and Vimeo! To enhance the learning process, students will also complete internships at local broadcast and/or video production facilities.
What do PPCC Radio and Television students study?
The Broadcasting and Electronic Media program at PPCC gives students an in-depth understanding of the various aspects of video and audio production and distribution, plus the development of programs and content creation. By pursuing a Broadcasting and Electronic Media degree at PPCC, you will:
- Learn how to write for podcasts, webcasts, radio, television, commercial, and institutional productions.
- Develop an understanding of audio and video production as they relate to television, radio, and online distribution.
- Learn to operate professional radio equipment, including being on-air at the PPCC radio station KEPC 89.7 FM
- Learn to operate professional video equipment, including creating original content for the PPCC television station PPCC-tv!
Classes You Might Take
A wide variety of both broadcast and non-broadcast opportunities await graduates of the Radio and Television program. Some career possibilities include:
- Camera Operators
- Technical Directors
- Film and Video Editors
- Radio Station Sound Board Operator
Program Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO) are competencies with which students will be proficient at the completion of an academic program. Program Learning Outcomes link with course learning outcomes and competencies.