Why Choose Radio & Television at PPCC?
The radio and television AAS program prepares students to enter the television and radio broadcast industry. Students will learn to write, produce, and package video and audio content for a wide variety of distribution methods, from broadcast to YouTube and Vimeo! To enhance the learning process, students will also complete internships at local broadcast and/or video production facilities.
What will I study?
The radio and television program at PPCC gives students an in-depth understanding of the various aspects of video and audio production, plus the development of programs. By pursuing a radio and television degree at PPCC, you will:
- Learn how to write specifically for radio and television production.
- Develop an understanding of audio production as it relates to both television and radio.
- Learn to operate professional radio equipment and perform announcing on the PPCC radio station, KEPC 89.7 FM.
Example Classes I Might Take
A wide variety of both broadcast and non-broadcast opportunities await graduates of the Radio and Television program. Some career possibilities include:
- Camera Operators
- Technical Directors
- Film and Video Editors
- Radio Station Sound Board Operator
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Radio & Television program, students should be able to:
- Produce and direct live television programs including: news segments, interview shows, sports updates, and weathercasts
- Produce, shoot, and edit: television commercials, silent films, and institutional videos
- Produce and record radio: promotions, news updates, commercials, and regular airtime
- Operate necessary production equipment
- Write effective scripts for a multitude of productions, from commercials to newcasts
- Work in and foster a cooperative team environment