Why Study Theatre at PPCC?
Drama is one of the oldest forms of human expression and PPCC is dedicated to providing students with the academic training and hands-on experience they need to pursue it as a career. Students learn about performing and production through classroom instruction and by staging productions of classical and modern theatre. Play the protagonist of your own life by pursuing Theatre at PPCC!
What will I study?
Courses in Theatre give students a basic understanding of performance and production, allowing you to learn and grow in this exciting field. In pursuing an Associates of Arts Degree in Theatre, you will:
- Learn about the history and evolution of drama from Ancient to Contemporary.
- Analyze live theatrical performances.
- Learn and practice the techniques of playwriting and dramatic structure.
- Participate in set construction, stage management, scenic artistry, costuming, lighting, and sound.
- Apply performance techniques that incorporate the body, voice, emotion, and intellect.
- Connect with the community through performance, internships, and design opportunities.
- Be able to transfer to a four year university.
Example Classes I Might Take
A theatre degree from PPCC provides a variety of opportunities for students who love theatre, either acting in front of the audience, or working behind the scenes developing the production. Careers for theatre include the following:
- Drama Teacher
- Stage Manager