Students who wish to transfer credits from another college to PPCC must provide official transcripts and declare a major.
Transcripts are typically evaluated on a course-by-course basis, so we are unable to evaluate requests via email or over the phone.
Once a transcript has been received, it takes approximately 2-3 weeks for the initial evaluation to be completed. There are several factors which could lengthen the processing time, including retrieval of course descriptions or additional information needed, sending coursework to academic departments for input, and peak Records office periods, i.e., end of a term, graduation.
The following guidelines are used to evaluate transcripts.
- Institution must be regionally accredited by one of the following agencies:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)
- The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-ACSCU)
- Course content must be similar to PPCC's
- Grade of C or better must have been received
- Courses are evaluated based on the major and general education requirements
- Credits must have been earned within 15 years prior to admission to PPCC
Once a transcript has been evaluated, an email will be sent informing the student that the results have been posted.
Course Equivalency Search
This course equivalency search is a tool students can use to see how coursework from other colleges and universities typically transfers to PPCC. The list of courses is not comprehensive; we are continually updating it with more courses and institutions. The information is provided only as a guide.
How to use the course equivalency search:
- Begin by finding and selecting the institution below where you took courses.
- Click the arrow (>) on the left.
- Find your course in the left-hand column. The right-hand column will tell you the PPCC equivalent.
- Select the View button next to the course for additional notes about the transfer course.
Access our course equivalency search here.
Can't Find Your Course?
We transfer many courses that are not yet listed in our system. If you cannot find a course, it just means we have not evaluated it yet. Once we receive your official transcript, we will evaluate all your courses and let you know how they apply to your degree requirements.
Submitting Official Transcripts
Submit For Evaluation
Pikes Peak Community College
5675 South Academy Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Electronic transcripts must be issued directly to PPCC from the previous school. Transcripts issued to a third party or forwarded links and/or transcripts will not be accepted.
If you are sending in an official transcript from another institution that has your previous last name on it, rather than the one on record at PPCC, the transcript may not be identified as being yours. Please contact us at email@example.com or 719-502-3000 to update your records so that your transcript may be evaluated in a timely manner.
Re-Evaluation of Transcript
It will take approximately 2-3 weeks for the initial re-evaluation to be completed. The same criteria used for the initial transcript evaluation will be used. Once a transcript has been re-evaluated, an email will be sent informing the student that the results have been posted.